Sunday, April 13, 2008


I've been in a creative funk lately, and can't seem to think of anything to make or create when I look at all the work there is to be done in my yard! And my house, too, but I'm ignoring that for now....


Just look at those azaleas... you'd never know from that shot that I need to rake around & under them desperately, and then mulch, and cut back the dead wood, and pull the briars out of them and..... SIGH And that's just the azaleas. I haven't even mentioned the roses I bought & haven't put out yet because I haven't pulled the vinca vine out of the way to make room for them either! Egads. Maybe I can get to some of it this week.... if I can climb over all the dust bunnies in the house and get out of the house to do it!

See why I don't have time to be creative?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo of the blooming bushes !! I was also taken back by the beautiful bottle tree, I have seen this on other peoples yards and wondered about the origin of them .. figured if anyone would know, it would be you.

Spring has sprung, but here in Illinois we are just now picking the dafodils....

Pat

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Get out and get some Sunshine and that funk will lift off of ya!! I want a bottle tree!! one day~ your flowers are great!!

lms said...

wow....pretty pretty....i love the blooms....but i have to tell you that i have not seen a glass bottle tree in about 25 years and yours put a big huge smile on my face....i loved the one i seen then and i love this one too....i have always wanted to make one...but i dont have a dead tree....is that what you use for the base...